Relationships are everything in business. But, concluding an agreement with your customers, suppliers or business partners on the basis of a handshake alone is not sufficient to protect your business in the event of a dispute.
Our corporate and commercial practice has extensive experience in helping businesses to grow in the UK and overseas, and this involves ensuring that you have appropriate contracts in place to protect your interests and maximise business opportunities through skilled negotiation.
Our focus is on the growth of your business. Our process involves the following:
- Identify your legal needs
- Find a proactive and innovative solution tailored for you
- Minimise your risk
- Protect your business assets
- Reduce your legal administration
- Exploit your assets and create new business growth
Our clients' businesses can range from IT/software companies, companies that are technology-rich, creative designers, businesses with a stable of brand names, engineering and consulting companies to retailers. Yet we work with them through our Cresco Legal system to ensure that the following issues are addressed:
- owner-managed companies and family businesses need to establish their ownership structures correctly. Commonly advise on shareholders and partnership arrangements.
- marketing arrangements using online and e-commerce arrangements must comply with the website regulations and distance selling requirements
- sales and distribution arrangements require proper customer terms and conditions and reseller agreements or franchising agreements
- organisational arrangements including employment contracts and consultancy arrangements need to be sorted to avoid disputes
- suppliers terms are important to ensure that product is always available long term
- intellectual property assets need to be protected to enhance the value of the business
- expansion into international markets depends on knowledge about the culture and the foreign investment restrictions and partnership arrangements through joint ventures will be needed for the future growth of the business
Through this System, we are able to advise and support your business as it explores and growth in different directions.
Go to Your Business LifeCycle to understand in detail how we can help your business and see our Expertise in Practice.
Our many international clients give us a truly global perspective. An experience and expertise that we nurture in understanding your business and business needs to deliver a range of practical, effective solutions and advice that best suit your strategies and requirements.